Sadly realized last night at 4:45am that I had to be up at 9:30 for the incredibly useful drug assessment, in which I forked over $100 to have a really nice lady spend an hour and fifteen minutes with me to determine that I am, indeed, not a drug addict. Enough of that silliness, though, in another effort to maybe get something done by Thursday (go go arbitrary deadline type dates), something I wrote a bit earlier. Can't tell if I like it a lot or if it's garbage, we'll see.
Lost Me Somewhere
Plastic and strippers
Acid and trippers
And everyone's losing their god damn mind
Dance on their pole
Filling a hole
What is it that everybody's trying to find
Did you lose me somewhere
Inside the nothingness
All these flashy cars and porno stars
Who are you trying to impress
Fake osculation
An endless rotation
With nothing to say but a want to be seen
Dots, they're so small
Can't connect them at all
Still everyones glued to their fucking screen
Did you lose me somewhere
Can't see through all the mess
Slightly out of luck, just don't give a fuck
Something I must confess
Grow up and old
Do just what you're told
Be everything they create you to be
The patterns are dancing
We're still not advancing
Is there somebody who sees what I see
Not sure of the time
Somewhere down the line
Now I'm scrambling to see
Just where you lost me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment